- If staying at a Disney Resort give yourself at least one full day and night to enjoy it!
Every race I have done at Disney I have stayed at a resort for the transportation...and I love Disney. But I either didn't have time or I was too tired and sore to take advantage of what the property has to offer. THIS time I planned ahead and had two nights and a full day after the race to play at the resort and the parks. How did I take advantage of the resort this time?
|Art of Animation and POP Century Resorts.|
Mary Poppins courtesy of POP.
Pop Century and AoA are connected by a bridge over a lake. So, if you have a hankerin' for comfort food (AoA mainly has fancy healthy food) or a different movie other than the one showing at your resort you only need to walk over that bridge. That is what I decided to do. AND to my surprise they were playing one of my all time favorite movies on an outdoor screen...Mary Poppins. Of course I plopped down in a pool chair and watched and sang along with my fellow Poppins peeps. Yes, we all sang "Let"s Go Fly A Kite" together. Hey, it's Disney! Anything goes! After the movie I bought my food and headed back to my hotel room with my treasures tucked under my arm.
- Take advantage of whatever free stuff they have at the expo if it will help your race!
|The EXPO! This is where you pick up|
your shirt and spend all of your money
on rD souveniers. Oh! And you can get
some free stuff too!
- Step out of your comfort zone. Let people pace you. Attend a running club meet-up.
|Thank you, thank you, thank you!!|
Racing The Dream
- Volunteers are awesome. Thank the volunteers at a race and have fun with them.
|THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!|
- Last but not least, schedule time to celebrate at the parks! And remember to love and thank your biggest fans.
|"Minerva" (my 10k medal) and my family|
celebrating the race!