Saturday, August 18, 2012

Calling All Runners! A question or two for you...



Hey there everyone! I know, another vlog. This one is slightly different. A couple of things happened on the 9 mile training run. So I have a couple of questions you experienced runners may be able to answer. And if you don't have time to watch the vlog then here are the questions...

#1. How do you deal with the heat when the sun finally rises?
#2. When you experience muscle pain (limping type) in the middle of a race do you stop and stretch or do you just carry on?

I would love to hear back from you all. So please, take a moment and post a comment in the comment section below. And if you have the time take a gander at the video above. Thanks and happy running!

2 comments:

  1. Q1 - First, living in Florida - I try to get out early enough to avoid the hot sun altogether. For the longer runs, that's difficult to do so I then avoid running in areas with little or no shade. I always carry extra water for pouring on my head to help during the real hot times. One of the key things to make it through is that I slow down just to make sure I make it through my workout.

    Q2 - When I get sharp muscle pain I immediately go from running to walking. I try to walk for a while and see if the pain subsides and again try running, if the pain returns then I go back to just walking for the rest of the workout. I'll take a couple extra for recovery and see how it feels on the next workout, if still painful then seeing a doc or taking a week or two off is usually my next option. Hope this helps.

    -Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carlos! Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I finally got the button to work, ha-ha! You gave me some great advise and I used it. Began walking off the pain. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete